It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:03 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Possible E/T and MPH Rules Limit
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:57 am 

Ted Daros wrote:
I would like to see things stay as they are.

On these tires its anybodys race

Who Else for the same? Who Else for change?

66 Belvedere I HP2 Hemi Auto 11.13 @ 124MPH 1.68 60' S/A

70 RoadRunner 440+6 Auto 11.05 @ 125MPH 1.67 60' S/A

70 AAR Cuda 340+6BBL 4 Spd. 11.58 @ 121MPH 1.76 60' S/A

72 Demon GSS 340 S/A 11.76 @ 118MPH 1.89 60' S/A

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:59 am 

As it pertains to me personally I plan on running small blocks for the future as far as I can imagine. That and my desire to not be on the ragged edge puts me about mid 11's for a serious flat tappet 4" stroke small block on race fuel. The perfect situation for me would be that each time I stage the car I have a reasonable chance to win. Now how much can I give up and still have a reasonable chance? If the track is hooking not much, .2's Questionable track .4's. With a consistent 11.7 car I would be happy to line up against almost anyone. I just want someone to race competitively with. Do I think it would be good if all the big block guys started running sub 11 sec's? No, but not because my chance of winning an event would be eliminated, but because the cost of running those cars is so high. The most common reason I hear for not coming out to run the series is cost to be competitive. As the series is now that's not true.
take me for example, assuming you own the car. I have about 15,000 in the drive train in the car. engine /trans/heads a different piston choice and I'm running 11's. That package I think would run for many years without having to come out of the car. I have always had someone competitive to race with and that is all I really care about. Maintaining a sub 11 sec car can discourage people from coming out. Now the series seems to be self limiting There have only been three sub 11 sec cars since 2009? Not much help!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:52 pm 

Yes, our rules are a limiting factor and i think that's good!

I like the way it is, but will play whatever everyone wants. I dont see myself not coming out, with the nova or chevelle, I plan on being there.

I just moved the chevelle to the work bay and am excited to get it back in service. It will be a pump gas motor

132.34 mph

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:55 pm 

I like things the way they are. I think in stead of artificially slowing down the faster cars, maybe tighten the regs in them a bit.. If your car runs sub 11.20 you must run factory size tire, no plus one size rule. Or maybe tighten the carberation, having to run a factory correct carb. Or make stock size exhaust mandatory.

With this kind of thinking no slowing down by rule will be needed..

Just a newbies thoughts

Bill

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:29 pm 

I also am not for the ET/MPH slow down. I wouldn't change the series, although Hemi made an interesting comment about a " no one up-size tire ". It would be interesting to see any of the 11.49 cars or faster could perform on a stock tire size. I would even consider allowing the tires be past the wear-bars on a said stock size. And no 1/8 th mile!!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:52 pm 

Bill C wrote:
My understanding is that it has always been the goal to get at least 16 cars to show up so that 2 brackets of 8 can be done with the 8 fastest in one and the 8 slowest in a second bracket. I am fine with the consolation races for those that don't win in the quick 8. This is for fun and needs to be kept simple. If we can get enough slower cars to show up then there will be closer competition. The newer racers, myself included, need coaching from the veterans and with coaching, improved times should happen and that should make most of the newer racers enjoy the racing more.

Just my 2 cents.

I don't think it's broke and therefore it does not need fixing. Also, the really fast cars are what attracts spectators and without spectators the tracks may not be as accommodating.

:agree

I am curious though why we are looking at changing the rules? Have there been complaints that are driving this or just testing the waters to see what the consensus is among racers?

Kevin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:21 pm 

345HEMI wrote:
I like things the way they are. I think in stead of artificially slowing down the faster cars, maybe tighten the regs in them a bit.. If you car runs sub 11.20 you must run factory size tire, no plus one size rule. Or maybe tighten the carberation,having to run a factory correct carb. Or make stock size exhaust mandatory.

Just a newbies thoughts

Bill

I think that input from Bill D, our Queen and some of the newer racers like the Bonneville owner is important. Bill D started racing the previous season with a pure stock car, is having fun and is slowly, with conservative spending, making the car quicker. I think that a lot of new racers follow that path once they attend multiple events.

Our Queen started racing a few seasons ago starting with a slow car and got bit by the low ET bug, determined that she wanted go faster and put together a very competitive car. Some racers follow this path.

When I was racing my stock 383 powered (Green) '68 Sport Fury and running low 16's and high 15's it was great at one event and I had a lot fun when Frank & I kept lining up as our ET's were close. At other events, being the slowest car by far is not as much fun. However, if you are a new racer that is racing a slower car and want to make sure you are racing against someone with a similar ET, new racers can bring a friend. Just 2 more cents from me.

'68 Plymouth Fury II 4 door sedan 383 under construction
'71 Plymouth Fury wagon 383 unrestored survivor
'94 Monaco Dynasty Diesel Pusher Motorhome/Money Pit/Part-time tow vehicle

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:35 pm 

No complaints that I have heard, just trying to improve if possible, :pop

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:54 pm 

OK Leave everything as is, except add a couple of non-points races that a guy like Bill Dicicco, Bill Corcoran, John Slavin or Rhett Moody can win with a consolation bracket for first round losers. This way everyone gets at least two elimination runs. Dare I say it? Run these events with handicaps based on lowest qualifing times. I would come to these instead of old vs new which I have no interest in.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:23 pm 

Kowalski wrote:

I am curious though why we are looking at changing the rules? Have there been complaints that are driving this or just testing the waters to see what the consensus is among racers?

Kevin

Kevin no complaints just seeing if we can make a great thing even better.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:33 pm 

Mike Derasmo wrote:
" no one up-size tire ". It would be interesting to see any of the 11.49 cars or faster could perform on a stock tire size. I would even consider allowing the tires be past the wear-bars on a said stock size. And no 1/8 th mile!!!

My RR has the stock tire size as does my "New" GTX The E/T's on those won't change. The wear-bar rule is a great one. When I ran 11.16 with the HP2 and Freddy went 11.15 with the Nova most competitors went over and checked the tires.

We have learned to drive our cars and I don't think it would be good to not have the rule. The tracks give us a great deal of respect when it comes to our tires not being bauld.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:41 pm 

We need to keep things the way they are, i dont have brakes!
:runaway

132.34 mph

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:04 am 

345HEMI wrote:
I like things the way they are. I think in stead of artificially slowing down the faster cars, maybe tighten the regs in them a bit.. If your car runs sub 11.20 you must run factory size tire, no plus one size rule. Or maybe tighten the carberation, having to run a factory correct carb. Or make stock size exhaust mandatory.

Just a newbies thoughts

Bill

I think that is a good point. :rock Maybe if your car runs a certain level tightening up of the regulations would be a possible answer. Part of the supercar attraction to the public is how fast the crew on the top end do get their rides to go. The one thing I have said before is if someone drives their car to a points event that should be recognized. Maybe one point for doing so. Bill D., Jack and others who for years have been driving their race vehicles to the events should be recognized for that. My final point one does not need to have a high powered car to finish high in the points standings. I look at being consistent is rewarded as to the way it stands. This was demonstrated by Bill finishing at #5 this season and myself at #3 a few years ago. I am done with my ramblings and no matter what will be racing next year with this show. :gears

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:29 am 

cowbay wrote:
I think that is a good point. :rock Maybe if your car runs a certain level tightening up of the regulations would be a possible answer. Part of the supercar attraction to the public is how fast the crew on the top end do get their rides to go. The one thing I have said before is if someone drives their car to a points event that should be recognized. Maybe one point for doing so. Bill D., Jack and others who for years have been driving their race vehicles to the events should be recognized for that. My final point one does not need to have a high powered car to finish high in the points standings. I look at being consistent is rewarded as to the way it stands. This was demonstrated by Bill finishing at #5 this season and myself at #3 a few years ago. I am done with my ramblings and no matter what will be racing next year with this show. :gears

Tightening the rules will hurt the GM products the most. That won't work.

I am thinking we have a great thing and there is no need to change. Who else?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:19 pm 

So we agree.... NO Changes?? :pop :cheers :aok

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next