It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:32 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: 1963 Impala project
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:58 pm 
Site Admin

Went to a tag sale today and there was a 69 Firebird in the driveway that I inquired about. Lady said her husband plans on fixing it up one day but her sons 63 Impala is for sale. Unfortunately her son passed away a few years ago in his late 20's. Was restoring the car at the time and she would like to sell it to somebody to finish it. She was asking me if I had any idea on the best way to sell it.

The car is a basket case. She said the numbers motor has been rebuilt and is in the basement. She said 329, I think she's 2 ci off. The frame is in the back yard in the process of being sandblasted. The body is under a tarp up on a wood buck. I lifted one portion of the tarp and was greeted by what looks like a solid rear 1/4. She simply said she just wanted to find a new home for it and said she'd sell cheap. If what she was selling her tag sale stuff for is any indicator, shes not looking for much.

I've got a phone number if anybody is interested in the car or at least just to talk to the lady to give her some pointers on price etc.

Profile Send private message