It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:07 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: A LINE LOCK WOULD BE NICE
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 9:57 pm 

Can anyone help me pick the right line lock for a 69 superbee 4 speed with drum brakes all the way around for the track. The hurst unit for $111.00 sold by summit looks good, but does anyone have any suggestions??? Or has anyone had good or bad experiences with any particular brand or unit?

THANK YOU ALL!

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: A LINE LOCK WOULD BE NICE
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:46 pm 

I went through two of the Summit ones, first one leaked from the case itself not the fittings. It didn't hold pressure either. The second one worked,but leak also again not from the fittings. Customer service was great,but I have heard it is pretty common for them to leak/not work. Why not just fix it or stop selling them. I wouldn't buy another summt brand line lock. :pop :drive

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 7:57 am 
Site Admin

I've used two Summit ones with good luck. I think they are just B&M ones with the brand removed.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 9:36 pm 

furry man, I appreciate you sharing your experiences. I'll stay away from the summit brands, I was actually thinking about the Hurst unit that also comes with an indicator light.

chris, b&m was my second choice. the hurst unit looks nice but i wanna go with the reliable pieces.

AGAIN THANKS FOR ALL THE TIPS AMIGOS! Beers are on me when we meet at the races. :cheers

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:33 pm 

Howdy, so I went with the Hurst Roll Control unit from Hurst. I liked that it had a rebuildable solenoid unit. Can anyone recommend a good 12 volt power source to hook the switch/unit up to?

thanks, Juan.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:58 am 
Site Admin

Since mine was under the washer bottle on the drivers fender I just ran a wire from the starter solenoid to the line lock. Then of course a wire to your switch then to ground.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:19 pm 

Good deal. Well, I tried installing the line lock this past saturday and it kicked my butt :bang I couldn't find the fittings I needed. I didn't have the right line wrenches, I didn't have the flaring tool for the brake lines. I thought I would be able to use one or two small brake lines, man was I wrong, not to mention the wiring involved. So, I rolled over and cried uncle. With it being so close to Carlisle, I'll just have to race without it. Old School I guess :rock

Wish me luck. Chris that's a cool car. I have a 2000 Ford SVT Lightning and I love it!