It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:51 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: TEAM CHEVROLET
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:11 pm 

So how is everyone making out?
ken, ryan, mike D, andrew, don, hal, john,?

Hal, got any new plans!

BTW... picked up a set of double hump small block 302, 327, 350 heads...anyone interested....i will list them for sale soon!

any other chevy guys lurking or thinking about racing?

132.34 mph

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: TEAM CHEVROLET
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:26 am 

Still waiting on those peskey pistons :sick should be here by now, or, with -in the next couple of days. Spoke to my carb guy, he recieved the package, now all he has to do is work some magic. Have not got a final head flow number yet, :shrug so the cam is still on hold.I am sure there will be a few late nights to get this thing ready for april 10 :runaway , hopefully it all works out :stir

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:03 pm 

Well Ted, I thought i was going to make a big move this winter but I bought a new enclosed car trailer so there goes my budget. I have been spending the winter returning my SS427 Impala to a more stock appearing condition Holley to QJet and all the little engine brackets I threw away 40 years ago. No I will not be racing it. I am also installing a roll bar in my Jeep Commando and did a little work on my wife's Rambler Convertible restoration.

I do spend time looking at my Green Nova and imagining what a pair of Big Blocks would look like at the Supercar events or how well my 67 would hook up with Big Block power.

This year I will be once again relegated to picking off stragglers at the back of the herd with my little 327.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:21 pm 

a big block impala would be so cool, especially in a plain brown wrapper

132.34 mph

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:29 am 

i still have not had the pleasure of getting my heads back from that wonderful place in Pa. between the heads and the shop i get sick when i think about it. OVER 3 months..i even sent him a call tag and he said (2 weeks ago) "one more day almost done" today it was the "epoxy isnt cured yet" Iwas driving there tomorow but dont want to go( 5 hour ride) if hes not ther. I just dont give a crap any more
im getting another set of heads enroute in NJ and you can be certain they are never going to cylinder head hell... most cylineder head portes i spoke with are 3-6 months out now so doing another set still screws me..
so no real progress here... cant confirm adequate piston to valve as no heads so im not assembling short block in case pistons need additional surgery, cant build exhaut or order driveshafft as i dont want to put motor in out more than i need and no heads to mock up..cant finish wiring as i need motor in place to terminate lengths...so it goes...NOWHERE

:bang
Ryan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:03 pm 

I haven't touched my Camaro in months but plan on doing some carb work as we get closer to E-town. Got slammed this winter.

Hope everyone gets their cars done for the Ice-breaker. Can't wait. :cheers

John