It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 4:49 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Re: Quick Eight or Two out of Three?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:34 pm 

i like the idea of trying diff. formats, but think our standard should be the Q8 sportsman tree, and 2out of 3 matches!

maybe a specific event per year could tout a diff. format? :shrug

big power cars could detune for one event and try their hand at brackets :pop

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:55 pm 

I agree with Hal he has probably been arund the block more times than all of us. I'm also in agreement with Mike however I may not make it to some of the 2 day events and how would we fit in to the mix. Both Jeremy and I showed up on Sunday of the 2 day event at fall Musclepaloosa and were told that we could not participate with the F.A.S.T. group :moon , However we were so even matched they let us run 2 out of 3. Don't know if our cars were fast enough for the quick 8 if they would of let us race with them. We will have to have provisions for those who may not be able to attend the 2 day events.

Main thing is GOOD FOOD!!!!!!!!!! :hungry :hungry :hungry :hungry
:rock
John :drive

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:07 am 

Hot 69 H/O wrote:
Both Jeremy and I showed up on Sunday of the 2 day event at fall Musclepaloosa and were told that we could not participate with the F.A.S.T. group :moon , However we were so even matched they let us run 2 out of 3. Don't know if our cars were fast enough for the quick 8 if they would of let us race with them. We will have to have provisions for those who may not be able to attend the 2 day events.
John :drive

John, One day or two day we will always have room for anyone that is welcome that wants to come and play. That would never happen at a SuperCar Race! NEVER, EVER!!!! :rain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:19 am 

I think I've known you long enough that you would not do that, just wanted to make sure all they others realize that you ALWAYS make it the best that you possibly can for everyone!!!!!!!!! I can't wait for the season to start. Have you heard anything from PASS Time? or maybe we all should send in an e-mail??? I'm down here in Montgomery Al. and wanted to go to the track here but never made it, always working to late, travelling home tomorrow. Maybe this weekend put on my new exhaust manifolds and order new mufflers.

John

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:27 am 

Hot 69 H/O wrote:
Have you heard anything from PASS Time? or maybe we all should send in an e-mail???
John

Not yet. I have sent out multiple E-Mails. I am going to talk to Billy Atwood, and Gary Gerard about seeing if we can get our Old Friend Steve Magnate to help us with this. He should be back from Arizona next week.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:51 am 

So far I have been to three races with two being the best 2 out of 3. one time I was the underdog by .2 and by the last run got to within .005 of winning. The second time I was about .2 quicker than John but by the last run he beat me even though I ran a lower ET. I couldn't have had more fun. :aok Never going to be fast enough for the quick 8. Looking forward to 2010. Couple more days and I'll drop the motor back in,still have to move my overflow bottle and my oil accumulator out of the engine compartment and hide them in the front fender area behind the headlight bucket. Busy busy busy. :cheers

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:54 am 

furrystump wrote:
Couple more days and I'll drop the motor back in,still have to move my overflow bottle and my oil accumulator out of the engine compartment and hide them in the front fender area behind the headlight bucket. Busy busy busy. :cheers

New Motor? :pop :pop :pop :pop Tell us more!! Pictures start a post.. AWESOME!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:11 am 

:drive Same motor, no budget for any real changes to the motor. painted it red, fixed a realllllly annoying oil pan leak which is much easier on the engine stand,clean the engine compartment, installed a line lock. move the MSD box into the glove box. Keeps me out of trouble so the wife says. :cheers

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:39 am 

furrystump wrote:
:drive Same motor, no budget for any real changes to the motor. painted it red, fixed a realllllly annoying oil pan leak which is much easier on the engine stand,clean the engine compartment, installed a line lock. move the MSD box into the glove box. Keeps me out of trouble so the wife says. :cheers

Excellent, The Small Block camp will be BIG in 2010! Make sure to sedn some pictures over to add to your profile.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:50 am 

The quick 8 for the fast cars and the 2 out of 3 for the rest. So, what about the food? :cheers

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:17 pm 

69L78 wrote:
The quick 8 for the fast cars and the 2 out of 3 for the rest. So, what about the food? :cheers

No changes to the food :hungry . SuperCars formula was always inplace here :cheers , The "other" quick eight needed to be changed from the beginning. Now we can say we have no similarities to the "other guys". The further we can distance our series and stay true to the original intent of Factory Appearing MuscleCar Racing the better we will be :aok .

We thank you, for all the great feedback on this subject. We will update our website to show the new changes to the racing format. We will also update the points series to include the 2 out of 3 match races.

Everyone single racer is working hard to make 2010 and the SuperCar Series the BEST ever! :bow .

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:17 pm 

Awarding points for the two out of three races? Does anyone have any ideas?