It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:55 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Re: Quick Eight or Two out of Three?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:11 pm 

Sportsman-consolation and 2 out of three makes good sense that way if you get knocked out of the quick 8 in first round you get at least one consy run maybe 2.so in the end everyone gets at least 2 runs in eliminations.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:31 pm 

Hot 69 H/O wrote:
Hi I have been in the quick eight and ran against a car over a full second ahead of me and of course lost not that I had a chance. I would of rather ran against Jeremy in a 2 out of 3 match. The cars that are the quickest and closest should be paired together 1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 7-8, maybe do match races after that. When I started I found it was more worth while to get 2 time trials and 2 out of 3 for a minimun 5 races. If it comes down to 2 time trials and 1 ladder match then on the trailer then it does not seem worth the cost to travel to all the tracks 1 and 2 states away. Gas for the tow vehicle, track fees, Food, stay over night, more food, tolls, race gas etc..
John

All of the tracks we visit will give us 5 rounds minimum, Two Qualifiers and guaranteed 3 rounds of competition. Last year we were given on the average 7 rounds. We guarantee that every racer will get a minimum of two rounds of competition if not three in 2010. Competition rounds are very important, and will never be reduced

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:31 pm 

Anyone not like a sportsman ladder?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:19 pm 

John has captured the essence of the whole thing... food and more food!

Everyone knows that I would prefer a handicap eliminator. I would love to see something like a stock eliminator type run-off. How cool would it be to see that Pontiac 2+2, from Atco, John's Hurst Olds, Cannon's Mustang or Scott's W-31 Olds be top eliminator. I envision the race run on a pro tree, 2 tenths max allowed over qualifing time during eliminations, and a consolation bracket for the first round losers. The result would be minimum of two rounds of eliminations for everyone just like in the two out of three or quick eight. Season points would be awarded on rounds won two points per round for the top eliminator and one point per round in the consolation bracket. Extra points for low ET and top speed to encourage performance. Hey maybe you could even get the altered wheelbase cars into an eliminator.

But at the same time I would not want anything to hurt the race series and I don't plan on being in a Super Car Series quick eight anytime soon so let the eight to ten guys who regularly run it decide. Well thats my :2c or maybe more.

Hal

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:59 am 

Gee, My post from last night seems to have gone over like a fart in church. :shrug

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:34 pm 

I like your post, I also like the heads up aspect.

This year I hope to have more insite on the Two out of Three match race. With the building of my 1971 Road Runner I hope to run mid pack, I will get to see first hand how it works.

Jeremy, John, Bill, Harry ? Anyone have any input.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:06 pm 

I am all about a close drag race that is decided by a fender-length or less at the stripe. Nothing better in my view. How about a more extreme Quick 4 or final 4, and let the 5th position and down run 2 out of 3. Or, keep the Quick 8 if you have enough cars for a tight field. I do think the Sportsman ladder would be better, as mentioned earlier.

Along Hal's thinking, if you ever get a 2 day event, I think a throw-back to the Super Stock days would be cool and unique. Run Supercars' normal event the first day, that would be like "class". And then the next day you could put togather a handicapped "eliminator" event, using everyone's qualifying times from the previous day. Just something to think about to keep the events fresh. Sometimes I don't see why everyone is so against mixing in a little bracket style racing within the group.

Mike

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:28 pm 
Site Admin

cobrajet2 wrote:
Sometimes I don't see why everyone is so against mixing in a little bracket style racing within the group.

I agree. Why couldn't it be mixed up and run a quick 8 sportsmans ladder with a bracket format 9 and up. Everybody cringed when Gonzo suggested that even though the grumbling was from the solid quick 8 club but I thought it was a good idea.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:41 pm 

Hot 69 H/O wrote:
Hi I have been in the quick eight and ran against a car over a full second ahead of me and of course lost not that I had a chance. I would of rather ran against Jeremy in a 2 out of 3 match. The cars that are the quickest and closest should be paired together 1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 7-8, maybe do match races after that. When I started I found it was more worth while to get 2 time trials and 2 out of 3 for a minimun 5 races. If it comes down to 2 time trials and 1 ladder match then on the trailer then it does not seem worth the cost to travel to all the tracks 1 and 2 states away. Gas for the tow vehicle, track fees, Food, stay over night, more food, tolls, race gas etc.... . All of us know what is costs. I Enjoy racing and have tried to be somewhat competitive but some day I will have to draw the line. Just my :2c :bang
I think this year sounds like our group will have more competitors and maybe we can have Quickest 8, Quick 8, and then consulation rounds and 2 out of 3 matches.
John

I 'll back-up with what John said 100% Well said John, I felt the same way when racing Scott's car a couple of times. I had more fun racing a close car than a car that was a second faster!!!! :rock

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:22 pm 

1-5
3-7
2-6
4-8

good as long as second round

winner of
1-5 races winner of 3-7
2-6 races winner of 4-8

then 1 and 2 can still meet up possibly in final. Thats "correct" format i beleive?

i do think that would add parity in eliminations only 4 positions between all
1-8
2-7
3-6
4-5
vs
1-5
3-7
2-6
4-8

so if 5678 loose 1st round
5-7
6-8
then
winner 5-7 races winner 6-8

i should of just erased all this..
Barrt Jacksons eating whats left of my brain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:29 pm 

ssscamaro wrote:
1-5
3-7
2-6
4-8

good as long as second round

winner of
1-5 races winner of 3-7
2-6 races winner of 4-8

then 1 and 2 can still meet up possibly in final. Thats "correct" format i beleive?

i do think that would add parity in eliminations only 4 positions between all
1-8
2-7
3-6
4-5
vs
1-5
3-7
2-6
4-8

so if 5678 loose 1st round
5-7
6-8
then
winner 5-7 races winner 6-8

i should of just erased all this..
Barrt Jacksons eating whats left of my brain

My head hurts from reading that. :sick :nuts :runaway

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:26 pm 

ssscamaro wrote:

1-5 races winner of 3-7
2-6 races winner of 4-8

will look like this in round two

1-5 races winner of 4-8
2-6 races winner of 3-7

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:30 pm 

We like the Sportsman Ladder. It looks like everyone else does as well. Look for this to be the new race format for the SuperCar ShootOut quickest and quick eight fields in 2010.

Lets talk about the rest of the field. Two out of Three, what do you guys want to do? We do have a couple of two day events planned for 2010 Mike, we can do the traditional format on day one and day two??? First two day is in May at E-Town.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:33 pm 

cobrajet2 wrote:
How about a more extreme Quick 4 or final 4, and let the 5th position and down run 2 out of 3.

Mike

Mike, give us more info.. What does this look like? How many rounds of Competition will these guys have..

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:24 pm 

The 2 out of 3 races are the best races to me. I just made three quick 8's this past season...The 2 out of 3 bring the best out in me, where in the quick 8, I am just waiting for the a$$ whipping. Being number 8 in the quick 8 is no fun :sick . I like Mikes idea of the quick 4. Here is a link of the sportsman ladder with different car counts. It appears to get the cars closer.

http://www.raceamerica.com/download/ladders/ladr16s.pdf