It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:57 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: A Message From the Queen to the SuperCar Family 2014
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:19 pm 

It's been a week since our final race a eTown and it all is still a bit surreal. I am still pinching myself to see if I am really awake.
If I said this 2014 season was incredible that would be an understatement. Rewind to January 2014... Green Go was in the works but not sure if it would make it for the Ice Breaker. Would it even be ready for Frank Maratta's? I never would have imagined that she would not only make it to the Maratta show, pre-season testing and the Ice Breaker, but she would also also grab the 2014 Points Championship and the Turkey!
Billy built me a great car, Bill maintained the car and it was my job to drive the car. And we all pulled together and did our jobs...
Thanks to the good Lord for keeping all of us safe during this season. Both on and off the track with our passes at incredible speeds and the pilgrimages to each of the tracks hauling trailers most of the time in the wee hours of the morning and night.
A big THANK YOU goes to all of the SuperCar Family who were all part of an unbelievable 2014 Racing Season:
-Bill S, the other half of the Green racing team. It was truly teamwork that made sure there was a good vehicle and the confidence to get the job done. We are TEAM GREEN!
-Ralph, without whom none of this wold be possible. I still don't know how you do it, very little sleep and always making sure everything runs very smoothly and everyone has an incredible time. THANK YOU just doesn't seem to say enough... :bow
-Billy Atwood, what can I say? You built me an awesome race car and I brought the title home. You are always at work, fixing things and watching over others, doing everything you can for folks. It was an honor to drive a car that you built this year! :winner
-Greg, a very worthy opponent. You kept me on my toes. I still look back and find the Consolation Finals we ran at Cecil to be one of the best races this season. You ran a perfect run and taught me an important lesson. Having the fast car isn't always going to turn the win light on. It's about the skill and once you have the additional power under you, it will be very hard to get by you. :rock
-Ted, owner of my favorite 'green' Chevy. You have been a source of knowledge and inspiration for me. Always willing to help out and offer a hand and advice. Thanks for your confidence in me. :aok
-Rhett, I really owe the championship to you. I can still remember that conversation, 'Why aren't you going to Cecil? You're in first place!' One of these times my luck is going to run out and you will take me on one of those passes! :hungry
-Dennis, one of my biggest fans. It was always sweet to come back to the pits and celebrate great passes together. I'll be looking forward to more celebrations in 2015 as I try to defend the title! :mrgreen:
-Hal, the wise racer. I have learned a lot from you and gained a new level of appreciation and interest for bracket racing. You are a wealth of information and can also cook one mean chili!!!! :P
-Tom T, with that scary Hemi! You are always nipping at my heels in qualifying order and on the track! :hungry
-And to all of the rest of the SuperCar racers, thanks for such a great season! Already looking forward to 2015!!!!!!
I'm hearing a lot of plans in the works for more power and speed next year..... I better see what other tricks I can pull out of my hat! :stir
:gears :dragster

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: A Message From the Queen to the SuperCar Family 2014
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:37 pm 

Nice!
Congrats again!

132.34 mph

Post subject: Re: A Message From the Queen to the SuperCar Family 2014
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:53 pm 

With your post/message, you have shown that you deserve and know what it means to be a champion. Congrats and next year, make sure don't make any mistakes when you are running against the big heavy car as who knows what can happen if I ever figure out how to drive that torque monster down the quarter.

'68 Plymouth Fury II 4 door sedan 383 under construction
'71 Plymouth Fury wagon 383 unrestored survivor
'94 Monaco Dynasty Diesel Pusher Motorhome/Money Pit/Part-time tow vehicle