It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:56 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: MuscleCars not elligable to compete in SuperCar ShootOut
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:31 pm 
Site Admin

This is a list of MuscleCars that are not eligible to be built for competition in the SuperCar ShootOut.

#1____ :shrug _______

The reason you see no cars on this list is, if Detroit built it, you can race it. All Factory MuscleCars are eligible to compete in the SuperCar Series. Shelby Mustangs with correct factory headers and SuperChargers are eligible (Must have correct original style headers), 1964 Steal Nose Race Hemi Plymouths and Dodges with Factory cast Iron Headers are eligible to compete (Must have correct Race Hemi parts and cast iron tubed headers) as well as the famed 1969 ZL1 Corvette. All correct combinations built by the factories are eligible. What is not eligible are owner made up combos like a 1967 427 Dual Quad Fairlane with an Automatic Transmission (Must have correct manual shift transmission).

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: MuscleCars not elligable to compete in SuperCar ShootOut
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:12 pm 

bring them on, even the home grown one!

as long as they have legal tires :stir

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:03 am 

Ted Daros wrote:
bring them on, even the home grown one!

as long as they have legal tires :stir

The home growner needs to stay right were he is. He would not know how to drive that contraption with real tires and no traction control. Plus we don't need anyone to oil down the tracks at our events :lol:

:winner Let Them All Run :winner
except the home grown

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:18 pm 

OK Here I go again. I think the rules as written are arbitrary and all over the place when it comes to what is required to be original and what is not.

Any manufactures automatic weather the car came with it or not is OK including overdrive trannys as long as the car was originally an automatic. Whats up with that?

Any manfacturers third member is OK weather the car came with it or not, same thing?

If you can do all this, I don't see a problem with a 427 fairlane, 66 350hp Chevy II, or an early Z-28 or anything else with an automatic in this series.

But that's just me.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:06 pm 

would you also agree then, that any big block chevy could run aluminum heads?
how about any mopar can run a hemi?
where does it end?

the manufacturers made this part of the rules for us many moons ago, and its the easiest part to follow!

those who are not running the correct combos are doing so knowingly, ...fortunatly all our racers have legal combos :USA

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:08 pm 

Actually Ted what I am saying is that none of that other stuff I mentioned in my previous post should be legal and it is.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:11 pm 
Site Admin

old fart racing wrote:
Actually Ted what I am saying is that none of that other stuff I mentioned in my previous post should be legal and it is.

Hal, where are you getting that info above?

The only difference is the allowance of aftermarket OD trannies such as a Tremec TKO in place of an A833.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:17 pm 

hal i see what your saying.....i read what you posted wrong!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:10 pm 
Site Admin

Hey guys,

Either something slipped by me or something needs to be clarified.

With the exception of certain aftermarket overdrives (that should not offer any real advantage on track) the car must have a transmission offered by the brand, same as rear axles. Same as before. There is no "any manufacturer goes" written anywhere I can see.

The OD tranny allowance was to allow people to play along with dual purpose cars.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:30 pm 

CJK440 wrote:
Hey guys,

Either something slipped by me or something needs to be clarified.

With the exception of certain aftermarket overdrives (that should not offer any real advantage on track) the car must have a transmission offered by the brand, same as rear axles. Same as before. There is no "any manufacturer goes" written anywhere I can see.

The OD tranny allowance was to allow people to play along with dual purpose cars.

Just to clearify- I want to make sure everyone can quote our rules properly.

11.00 DRIVETRAIN
11.01 Cars that were only available with a manual transmission may not convert to an automatic. And vice/versa.
For example: 1966 & 1967 Ford Fairlane 427 2x4 only came from the factory with a manual transmission, so an automatic would not be legal.

11.02 Any OE transmission may be used if offered by the vehicle brand.
For example: an Olds with a TH400 could change to a TH350 or Powerglide, and a Chevy with a Saginaw could change to a Muncie or other GM 4 speed trans. Transmission casting numbers are not a tech issue. Internal modifications are OK.
11.03 OEM appearing aftermarket cases are OK.
11.10 Automatic Transmission:
11.11 Any torque converter is OK.
11.12 Shifter must be stock appearing.
11.13 Maximum 3 forward gears from first to direct.
11.14 Aftermarket Overdrive automatics are allowed as long as they are in a 3+1 configuration (ie GM 700R4, Mopar 518, Ford AOD)

11.15 Manual Transmission:
11.16 Any clutch/pressure plate assembly is OK. Scatter shields are OK.
11.17 3 speeds may be upgraded to a 4 speed.
11.18 Shifter must be stock appearing.
11.19 Maximum 4 forward gears from first to direct.
11.20 Aftermarket Overdrive manuals are allowed as long as they are in a 4+1 or 4+2 configuration (ie Keisler 5 and 6 speed & Richmond 4+1 OD 5 speeds are legal, however a Richmond 5 or 6 speed with 1:1 5th gear would not be legal)

11.21 Drive Shaft:
11.22 Aftermarket drive shaft is OK. Maximum 3.5” diameter.
Aftermarket drive shafts should be painted, to appear as stock as possible.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:36 pm 

Please read slowly, let the brain absorb the future of Factory Appearing Musclecar Racing.

4.00 EXHAUST
4.01 Cast iron exhaust manifolds are mandatory and must be correct, have correct casting numbers and be of correct material. Under no circumstances will headers be allowed, including those cars that had headers delivered in the trunk.
Internal modifications are OK. Correct appearing exhaust manifold paint or coatings are OK. Casting date codes are not looked at and are not part of the tech process. Headers are allowed for a first time racer. One time only. Once the racer decides to be part of the series a game plan must be set by the Racer to be in compliance to respected set rules.

If you build a car that came with headers installed from the factory ie Shelby and Race Hemi's they must be correct in appearance and style. Aftermarket over the counter headers are not allowed as replacements.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:45 pm 

:bow This is so cool! No more crying that, this guy can build this car :cry: and that guy can do this, :cry: but I can't, my car is not allowed :blah :blah :blah :blah It feels so good to be the best at what you do. :winner Let them all run is the best quote. I think we will start to use this in our advertising.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:47 pm 

Its understandable that a guy could miss interpret our rule ......I mean he cant even define what a stock tire is :shrug and its in the name of his series!

I bet when he gets the record back, the ruling will come F.A.S.T. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:00 pm 

Chris, all I was saying is that some of the rules allow for changes that make the car unstock in appearance and can offer significant performance advantages. Rule 11.02 allows any OE trans offered by the vehicle brand. Now I know GM best but I am sure that loopholes can help various others Fords Mopar

Examples: Early GTOs only came with two speed powerglides a legal switch to a turbo 350 or 400 could really help performance. Ted's new car if light enough could benefit from a Glide, much lighter and draws less power to run yet big blocks never came with a glide in that year yet it would be legal to the rules.

Same deal with rule 12.01 Rear axle housing must be same manufacturer as the car. With the stronger parts available a 10 bolt which is lighter than a 12 bolt can now be used and all the high horsepower Chevys after 64 had 12 bolts.

I ran my 427 Impala stick in stock eliminator for years and I have a pile of broken Muncies in my garage to prove it. I am OK with the existing rules and I think any car that came with headers Shelbys, early Z-28s Max Wedges should be able to run them. But maybe allowing stick shift only models to be able to run automatics might be more affordable in the long run. In any case I am with the rules.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:30 am 
Site Admin

Oh OK Hal I understand. I thought you were saying the rules look like a Mopar guy can run a glide etc.