It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:59 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Re: New here from Se Ky with a smog era Ford
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:55 pm 

You'll get no sympathy from us in the Northeast, removing, rebuilding engines in the freezing cold. , :moon

Bill

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:59 pm 

Lil 383 wrote:
You'll get no sympathy from us in the Northeast, removing, rebuilding engines in the freezing cold. , :moon

Bill

:lol: I have been there and done that too, ain't no fun. Lived in N mi as a teen, almost up to the U.P, paid my dues wit hthat arctic cold lol The arthritis I have in my back and both shoulders tore up has made my days of workin outdoors in the cold, crawlin under and out, workin on my back under a car about impossible. Its been a unusually long and cold winter this year, thankfully we didn't get much snow and ice. Was warm enough to just get rain, lots and lots of rain.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:26 am 

I have been talkin with George P who runs the Pantera forum and is pretty much the 351 cleveland expert to go to for advice. He is gonna spec a cam out for me that falls within the rules for lift and duration but will be tweaked in other areas. with the allowed compression increase, should give the little motor a boost for my big barge. Also helpin me out with some tips on the factory carb.

I may even swap some of the stuff onto my car in stages. since my good car is just a 302, it came with a 8" rear. I found a 3.55 geared center section a few months back and will swap that in here soon. Might even swap the 4 spd over and leave the 302 and 8" in place until i'm ready to drop the 351 and 9" rear in. I'm surprised how well the low compression 302 runs in that car, even with the airplane 2.79 gears in the back. I tuned it up and played with the timin and carb a bit this past fall, will lay about 20-30 ft of one wheel peel now lol My fathers health isn't the greatest and like to have the car on the road more then off the road so i can take him for rides in on his good days. Like i said though, just gatherin parts and info right now, should have a solid game plan by the time i'm ready to really dig into the car.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:49 pm 

Not much new to report, still buyin and gatherin parts. have enough to do 2 cars now. so maybe my wife can run the fastback one of these days. I plan to run in the factory stock class but a stroker cleveland has crossed my mind. Have some health issues here recently and have to have surgery to remove a mass in a couple weeks. hopefully its benign, but if not then chemo or radiation I imagine. Seems like when I start to get back on track with the car, life derails me ugh

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:39 pm 

Anything new? Hope you are doing well.

1972 Monte Carlo

Yes, I have an addiction.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:20 pm 

1972LS5Chevelle wrote:
Anything new? Hope you are doing well.

I had a cancer scare but thankfully the mass removed was benign. I have been workin on one of my barns I am gonna keep 2 of torinos in and all the engines, my tools etc I can't get a lift in it for various reasons but it will let me proceed much faster with my build. Plan to build the engine and swap all the stuff over. hope to have it ready for the pure stocks by sept. Then maybe next year I can make one of these super car races as well. Unless things go easier then planned in which case maybe i'll be able to make it to a few events this year.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:27 am 

Sounds like things are moving right along. Glad to hear your health is cooperating too.

1972 Monte Carlo

Yes, I have an addiction.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 pm 

thanks, been a stressful last 3 months around here but all good now. I drop my heads off this week or next to get re-done, so there is some forward progress. Trying to find a source for stainless steel bone stock replacement valves. seems all the ones i have looked into so far have a slightly different length. I want to keep the stock valve train since i want to run in the pure stock classes and I hate to use those shims

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:55 am 

I'm not dead, I feel like it most days lol but not dead. Still very wrapped up in the barn turned into a shop project, but its turnin out pretty slick. I have to have a place to build these toys, right? Hope all is well with everyone and you have raced often. This is sad to say, I haven't even had a chance to take my car out for a ride this summer at all. :sick

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:00 am 

Just keep moving forward.

Bill